POSITION: Academic Success Lead (Woodstock)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Academic Success Lead position is responsible for performing administrative and clerical duties in support of the goals and objectives of the Academic Support Division on an assigned college campus.
- Oversees the centers daily to ensure students are being served whether it is for tutoring, computer usage, providing a place to study, or simply answering questions.
- Assists students coming to the Success Center seeking help.
- Directs students to the proper sources for assistance when we cannot help them directly.
- Greets visitors and answer telephones; provides information and assistance.
- Creates a welcoming environment for all who come to a success center.
- Assists in promoting assigned Success Center by visiting classes, creating flyers, etc.
- Works with faculty if needed to assist students.
- Provides support for and monitor assigned campus Success Center and Open lab ensuring assigned center and lab are open to serve CTC students.
- Assists the Director of Academic Success by indirectly supervising tutors to ensure they are following CTC procedures and policies.
- Assists the Director of Academic Success by creating tutoring schedules each semester.
- Works with the Director in filling tutoring needs by informing the director of a need and serving on the interview committee.
- Assists in scheduling tutoring in the Success Center.
- Analyzes problems by evaluating available information and resources; develops effective, viable solutions to problems which can help drive the effectiveness of the department and/or Technical College System of Georgia.
- Maintains office equipment and supplies; makes purchases and requests equipment/facility maintenance needs on a timely basis.
- Ensures CTC and Academic Support policies and procedures are followed in centers to include sign-in and out procedures for students and tutors.
- Assists with coordination and administration of Respondus Testing for assigned campus.
- Types, faxes, emails and scans reports and other documents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
SALARY/BENEFITS: $34,727.50annually. Benefits include paid holidays, annual leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program. Please be aware that Chattahoochee Tech employees will be paid by direct deposit, unless exempted by the State Accounting Office based on “hardship” evidence provided by the employee.
TELEWORK: This position is authorized to telework up to 50% of a forty-hour work week with supervisor approval.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: APPLY ONLINE ONLY @ www.chattahoocheetech.edu and select “Quick Links” then “Jobs & Careers.” For a complete file, fill out an online application, upload cover letter, resume and include three professional references’ contact information on application. Before a candidate is hired, a pre-employment criminal background investigation, motor vehicle records check and employer/professional reference check will be conducted. Following screening, candidates may be asked to submit further documentation.
RESPONSE DEADLINE: Open until filled. Screening will begin immediately.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: November 2023
EMPLOYMENT POLICY: Chattahoochee Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Questions about the accreditation of Chattahoochee Technical College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
As set forth in its student catalog, Chattahoochee Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Chattahoochee Technical College Title IX Coordinator, Shanequa “Nickkie” Warrington, Marietta Campus, 980 South Cobb Drive, Building C 1102B, Marietta, GA 30060, 770-975-4023, or SDWarrington@ChattahoocheeTech.edu, and Chattahoochee Technical College Section 504 Coordinator, Caitlin Barton, 5198 Ross Road, Building A1320, Acworth, GA 30102, (770) 975-4099, or Caitlin.Barton@chattahoocheetech.edu.
A Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia
To apply for this job please visit www.chattahoocheetech.edu.