Atlanta Technical College
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – CONCEPTUAL PHYSICS (POOL)
July 21, 2021
Number of Openings:
$ 2,000 / Course
Atlanta Technical College (ATC) is seeking highly qualified applicants for its Adjunct Instructor (Conceptual Physics) position, in the Academic and Student Affairs division. This position is located on Atlanta Tech’s main campus, just South of Downtown Atlanta.
Under general supervision, the Adjunct Instructor (Conceptual Physics) provides instruction to students in Physics courses in the General Education Mathematics & Natural Sciences Department.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates the use of appropriate teaching techniques;
- Demonstrates the use of appropriate testing and grading procedures including proper maintenance of grade books and any other appropriate record-keeping required;
- Demonstrates the effective use of oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates knowledge of current procedures in the Physics field;
- Follows approved course syllabus;
- Completes all reports, records and invoices in a timely manner and maintains an accurate inventory of all assigned properties;
- Advises and counsels students and maintains appropriate advisement records on each student;
- Maintains classrooms and labs in accordance with institutional safety guidelines;
- Attends meetings as required and appropriate;
- Observes and enforces the institution’s policies and regulations;
- Maintains qualifications for employment in accordance with institutional and accreditation guidelines. Maintains qualifications for employment as described by the Technical College system of Georgia Policy Manual;
- Follows rules and regulations as described by the Technical College System of Georgia Policy Manual and other policies and procedures established by the institution.; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
Must possess and demonstrate a Master’s degree in Physics or a related field with at least eighteen (18) graduate hours in Physics from a regionally accredited institution. Must also possess and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Must possess and demonstrate the ability to work flexible hours, when necessary. Additionally, must possess and demonstrate two (2) years of teaching experience and must have experience in an academic setting. Must have excellent technological skills. Must possess and maintain the appropriate professional credential for or related to the field or position.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, preference may be given to candidates that possess and demonstrate a Doctorate degree in Physics or a related field with at least eighteen (18) graduate hours in Physics from a regionally accredited institution. Must possess and demonstrate three (3) or more years of teaching experience and must have experience in an academic setting. Must possess and maintain the appropriate professional credential for or related to the field or position.
May be required to teach at other locations and other locations within the community.
PLEASE UPLOAD A RESUME, TRANSCRIPT(S) AND CERTIFICATIONS.
BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ARE CONDUCTED PRIOR TO SCREENING.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide applicants with the status of their individual submissions. Applicants can review their application status on their “My Job Page” within their Team Georgia Careers profile.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As set forth in its student catalog, Atlanta Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For further information regarding these laws (Title VI and IX) contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Atlanta Technical College, Cleveland Dennard Center, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: email@example.com. To request reasonable accommodations upon enrollment (Section 504/ADA), contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Atlanta Technical College, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Faculty and staff with questions about equity or reasonable accommodations should contact Lena Taylor, Acting Director, Human Resources, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite 180A, Atlanta Technical College 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy. SW, Atlanta Georgia 30310. email@example.com
Do not send résumés to any of the email addressed above, they will not be opened or reviewed.
To apply for this job please visit www.atlantatech.edu.