Position: Adjunct Swift App Development Instructor
Location: Douglas Campus
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Associate Dean, School of Business and Public Services
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt, Adjunct Instructor
Nature of Duties: Under general supervision prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for credited technical/occupational courses; prepares standardized course syllabi using provided template; evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives. May be required to attend professional development training as required for specific classroom or online course delivery. Teaches Swift programming and app development courses in a classroom/lab/field environment that closely simulates the environment of the industry while maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field. Provides instruction in the theory and practical applications of Swift programming and app development; establishes, measures, and evaluates program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success. Measures program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success. Requires strong computer skills, communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a diverse student population.
Minimum Qualifications: (candidates must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Programming, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or Information Technology or Master’s degree in a related discipline (ex: Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Instructional Technology, Security/Cybersecurity, Computer Software Engineering Systems, Networking/Technology, IT Management, Technology Management) with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline from an accredited institution
- Degree plus certification or proficient working experience using Swift and Xcode
- Valid Driver’s License
- PhD in Computer Programming, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- Certifications: Swift iOS App Developer, Xcode
- Teaching experience at the postsecondary level
- Directly related field experience
- Online teaching experience
Salary/Benefits: Based on qualifications, no benefits.
- Unofficial Transcripts, resume, and proof of applicable certifications\licensure are required for consideration. Official transcripts and prior employment verification required within 30 days of hire for continuous employment.
- Selected candidate must successfully complete a background check to include employment references, criminal history, and verification of employment prior to hire.
- West Georgia Technical College is not currently sponsoring work visas at this time.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- WGTC reserves the right to close positions at any time.
The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Continued employment is contingent upon job performance and funding.
To apply for this job please visit www.westgatech.edu.