Position: Admission Counselor
Department: Student Affairs
Reports to: Enrollment Center Coordinator
Nature of Duties: The Admission Counselor provides introduction and guidance to applicants and students in the areas of admissions policies and procedures, placement testing, vocational/program choice and financial aid opportunities. Performs recruitment activities, administers placement testing, processes student applications, evaluates records and assigns admissions status. A flexible schedule is required to meet customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university *and* Two (2) years of related work
- Experience in the use of MicroSoft Office Suite
Note: Experience may substitute for the degree on a year-to-year basis.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, Counseling or related field
- One year experience working with the Banner Student Information System
- One or more years work experience in college admissions counseling, admissions recruitment, financial aid, student advisement or related areas
- Experience coordinating college recruitment events
- One or more years experience reviewing student records to evaluate student admission eligibility
Salary/Benefits: Salary low 30’s; Benefits include paid state holidays, vacation, retirement, personal and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program.
Method of Application: Interested candidates should apply through electronic application system at: WGTC Job Center
Note: Selected candidate must successfully complete a background check to include employment references, criminal history, and verification of employment prior to hire.
Employment Policy: The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Continued employment is contingent upon job performance and funding.
To apply for this job please visit www.easyhrweb.com.