Description – External
Description: The Admissions Director is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall administration of the Admissions Office. As Director of Admissions, this person is responsible for planning and managing the admissions activities for new and returning students at North Georgia Technical College and for recruitment and dual enrollment. This person is also responsible for managing the dual enrollment and recruiting for the college.
- Plans and manages the processes and activities of admissions of new and returning students.
- Provides information by telephone, written correspondence and in person to interested parties regarding application procedures and admissions requirements.
- Organizes and oversees college recruitment activities
- Plans and organizes dual enrollment functions, including maintaining communication between the high school counselors and the college.
- Maintains knowledge of program areas and provides updates to administration.
- Assists in marketing and public relations activities.
- Maintains student records and monitors access for compliance with federal and state laws.
- Assists with the design and execution of special events, projects and activities as requested.
- Manages and oversees financial/budget operation of the department.
- Monitors the activities of personnel to ensure compliance with TCSG policy manual and department procedures.
- Develops and/or assists with the development of policies and procedures and recommends changes to meet the goals and requirements of the department.
- Evaluates employees at scheduled intervals upon reviewing of all relevant information
- Conducts regular evaluation of services provided and make adjustments as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date policies, procedures, and state or federal laws that may affect department initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid GA driver license
- Knowledge of admissions requirements and admission testing
- Knowledge of TCSG admission requirements and procedures
- Knowledge of student information system operations
- Knowledge of community and service delivery area
- Leadership and Organizational skills
- Proficiency in Windows applications and Outlook (Email, Word, Excel)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain strict confidentiality
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- Marketing, Recruitment, Decision-making and Problem solving skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the mission of postsecondary vocational/technical education
- Knowledge of relevant college, state and federal policies
To apply, submit an application, current resume, names and contact information of two professional references, transcripts from all colleges attended and copies of licenses/certifications pertaining to the position. A Criminal History Report and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) are required for the recommended candidate.
As set forth in its student catalog, North Georgia Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Michele Shirley, VP for Administrative Services, Title IX Coordinator, P. O. Box 65, Clarkesville GA 30523, or call 706-754-7703, or e-mail email@example.com; or Kay Morgan, Special Services Coordinator, P. O. Box 65, Clarkesville GA 30523, or call 706-754-7728, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about North Georgia Technical College please visit https://northgatech.edu
NGTC is EOE
Qualifications – External
Baccalaureate Degree from regionally accredited college or university in closely related field *and* Three (3) years of experience in a post-secondary institution.
To apply for this job please visit northgatech.edu.