|ADULT EDUCATION/ESL: ESL Admissions Assistant (full-time)
TCSG Job Code: 61830
|Paul Starnes Center, Clarkston, GA
|The ESL Admissions Assistant is responsible for performing administrative duties related to the processing of online and in-person applications, testing and data entry for admission to the ESL program.
|ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
|• Responds to requests and needs of visitors and students;
• Keeps abreast of admissions regulations, policies and procedures;
• Provides information by telephone, written correspondence and in-person to interested parties regarding applicant procedures and admissions requirements;
• Processes new student applications and related information and prepares student files;
• Schedules and administers appropriate placement testing to students;
• Creates and maintains files for all active students, including intake assessment forms, immigration documentation and other documents as required;
• Enters new and returning student data from intake assessment forms in the Georgia Adult Learners Information System (GALIS) following intake procedures for the site;
• Performs other duties related to GALIS and organization of data and records;
• Other duties as assigned by the ESL Admissions Coordinator and Adult Education Data Manager.
|• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs;
• Skill and ability to perform complex and varied duties in an efficient and confidential manner;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities;
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills;
• Ability to work with the public in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment;
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
|High school diploma or equivalent *and* six (6) months of related work experience. Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Suite of products. Willingness to work some evenings.
|See minimum qualifications, and one (1) year of adult education work experience.
|The salary for this position is $33,800.00 annually. This is a full-time position which includes paid state holidays, accrued annual sick leave, pension benefits and the State of Georgia Health and Flexible Benefits Program.
|Click on the following link:
To apply for this job please visit www.easyhrweb.com.