Position: ALHS/Nurse Aide Adjunct Instructor
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Dean, School of Nursing
FLSA Designation: Nonexempt-Adjunct Position
Nature of Duties: Under general supervision prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for credited technical/occupational courses; prepare standardized course syllabi using provided template; assesses students’ satisfactory progress based on established course grading requirements. May be required to attend professional development training as required for specific classroom or online course delivery. Teaches Allied Health courses in a classroom/lab/field environment that closely simulates the environment of the industry while maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field. Provides instruction in the theory and practical applications of Allied Health. Measures program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success. Requires strong computer skills, communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a diverse student population. Course offerings may include a variety of instructional formats from traditional day/evening to virtual delivery.
- CPR Instructor Certification (within 60 days of employment)
Minimum Qualifications: (candidates must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered)
- Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned
- Diploma in health related field and a minimum of 2 years of recent direct field experience *OR* Associate Degree in health related field.
- Valid Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse current license
- Current CPR Instructor Certification within 30 days (required for ALHS 1040, Introduction to Health Care)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
- Train the Trainer Certification
Salary/Benefits: Based on qualifications, no benefits.
- Unofficial Transcripts, resume, and proof of applicable certifications\licensure are required for consideration. Official transcripts and prior employment verification required within 30 days of hire for continuous employment.
- Selected candidate must successfully complete a background check to include employment references, criminal history, and verification of employment prior to hire.
- West Georgia Technical College is not currently sponsoring work visas at this time.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- WGTC reserves the right to close positions at any time.
The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Continued employment is contingent upon job performance and funding.
To apply for this job please visit www.westgatech.edu.