Atlanta Technical College
Automotive Diesel Instructor
February 8, 2022
Number of Openings:
Atlanta Technical College (ATC) is seeking highly qualified applicants for its Automotive Diesel Instructor position. This position is located on Atlanta Tech’s Main Campus, just South of Downtown Atlanta.
Under the general supervision of the Dean of the division, and Department Chair of Automotive Technology Department, this position develops and reviews program and syllabi, goals and objectives according to approved curriculum and course syllabi standards.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Demonstrates the effective use of oral and written communication skills and knowledge of current procedures in the Automotive Technology field.
- Evaluates and reviews students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives. Instruct, advises and counsels students, and maintains appropriate advisement records on each student.
- Monitor’s use of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Requests and maintains supplies and equipment and prepares budget requests.
- Maintains and reviews classrooms and laboratories in accordance with approved classroom and lab management plans.
- Maintains and reviews program certification requirements, as appropriate.
- Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports.
- Attends staff development training, workshops, seminars and conferences. Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the training area.
- Meets with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues.
- Assists with recruitment, retention and job placement efforts.
- Demonstrates and ensures the use of appropriate and effective teaching techniques, testing and grading procedures (including proper maintenance of grade books and any other appropriate record-keeping requirements), and oral and written communication skills.
- Serves on committees.
- Maintains ASE certifications and ensures instructor’s qualifications for employment as described by the Atlanta Technical College, Technical College System of Georgia Policy Manual and accreditation standards.
- Follows and enforces rules and regulations as described by the Technical College System of Georgia Policy Manual and other policies and procedures established by the institution. Applicant must be able to select and assess student learning outcomes, foster effective learning in both classroom and lab settings, and promote good public relations via contacts and regular communications with business, industry, and the public sector.
High school diploma. At least two or more years working in the field and must include the competencies, skills and knowledge levels that the diesel instructor will be expected to bring to the classroom. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
High school diploma and a diploma from a postsecondary institution in the auto or diesel field. At least two or more years working in the field and must include the competencies, skills and knowledge levels that the diesel instructor will be expected to bring to the classroom. Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Master level certifications in areas of teaching Master ASE Certification in Automotive & Diesel preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As set forth in its student catalog, Atlanta Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For further information regarding these laws (Title VI and IX) contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Atlanta Technical College, Cleveland Dennard Center, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: email@example.com. To request reasonable accommodations upon enrollment (Section 504/ADA), contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Atlanta Technical College, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Faculty and staff with questions about equity or reasonable accommodations should contact Georgina Dumay, Director, Human Resources, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite 180A, Atlanta Technical College 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy. SW, Atlanta Georgia 30310. email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.atlantatech.edu.