Campus Police Lieutenant
Athens Technical College in Athens, Georgia seeks a full-time Campus Police Lieutenant. The Campus Police Lieutenant provides assistance in the organization direction and supervision of the day-to-day operation of the college’s campus Police department. The Campus Police Lieutenant is responsible to the Chief of Police.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recommends officer staffing levels at various campuses
- Assists in measuring the effectiveness of public safety operations in the delivery of routine and emergency response services
- Maintains and submits weekly, monthly and annual report
- Plans and coordinates the day-to-day operations of campus officers
- Reviews all reports, time sheets, and payroll information for campus officers
- Monitors the activities of personnel to ensure compliance with TCSG policy and department procedures
- Develops and/or assists with the development of policies and procedures and recommends changes to effectively meet the goals and requirements of the agency
- Maintains knowledge of assigned duties and gives updates to management on service, operations, and projects
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of policies, procedures, and state or federal laws that may impact department initiatives
- Provides advice concerning appropriate law enforcement response to incidents and violations of law
- Assists with updating emergency plans annually and Annual Security Report as required by the Clery Act
- Maintains files and records
- Attends meetings with local law enforcement and emergency management personnel
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service
- Serves as primary Investigator of on campus incidents reported to campus police.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Deadline to apply is November 22, 2022 at 4:00 pm.
The work schedule will be Monday thru Thursday 12 pm until 10 pm or flexed to meet operational demands.
- High School Diploma or GED *and* one (1) year of experience as a certified police officer.
- Georgia P.O.S.T Certification in good standing is required
- Associate degree or higher in a related field
- Experience in a post-secondary environment
- Working knowledge of Title IX and Clery Act requirements for postsecondary institutions
Note: **Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of a background check, pre-employment questionnaire and pre-employment drug screen.
Interested candidates should apply online at:
To apply, click “Apply to This Job” and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon an offer of employment. Official copies of transcripts must be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks, completion of pre-employment questionnaire and pre-employment drug screen.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
To apply for this job please visit www.athenstech.edu.