ABOUT AUGUSTA TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Augusta Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, is a two-year college located in Augusta, Georgia. Since its opening in 1961, Augusta Technical College remains dedicated to promoting the educational, economic, and community development in its service area (Burke, Columbia, Lincoln, McDuffie, and Richmond Counties). The college offers over 100 academic programs in high-demand areas such as Allied Health Sciences & Nursing, Business, Public & Professional Services, Cyber, Digital and Engineering Technologies accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The college also offers adult education/GED, ESL, and continuing education programs through the Division of Economic Development.
ABOUT AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
Augusta, GA is a regional center for medicine, biotechnology, and cyber security. Located near the Georgia/South Carolina border (Central Savannah River Area), the area holds many accolades: Most Neighborly City in America, Best Cities to Start a Business, and a Top Ten Places in the South to Hire Vets. The area is internationally known for the PGA’s Master’s Tournament held at the Augusta National Golf Club and being the home of James Brown; while also bolstering the Augusta Riverwalk, Savannah Rapids Pavilion, Evans Towne Center Park, and home of the US Army Cyber Center of Excellence at Fort Gordon.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Campus Security Officer Job Code: 07419
Campus Location: All Campuses
Salary: Commensurate with education and work experience.
The Security Officer is responsible for helping to ensure the safety of campus personnel, students, visitors, as well as the security of campus buildings, facilities, equipment and property. Duty assignment area is primarily the Augusta campus, but could be any campus.
- Patrols assigned areas on campus either on foot or in a vehicle or golf cart and monitors campus buildings for unauthorized personnel during opening and after closing hours
- Monitors the flow of traffic onto campus
- Learn the operation and maintenance of security systems, fire alarm panels and panic alarm systems
- Locks and unlocks buildings and labs as assigned
- Assists with traffic flow and the enforcement of college parking regulations
- Issues parking tickets or warnings to violators
- Completes activity reports and maintains files and reports
- Monitors surveillance cameras
- Assists in the orientation of new students
- Assists in maintaining parking permit database
- Maintains inventory of emergency medical and first aid supplies and equipment;
- Inspects fire extinguishersRev. 2.20
- Assists with fire and tornado drills
- Assists campus police, emergency personnel, and/or college personnel in responding to emergencies and disruptive situations
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of procedures and regulations relating to campus safety and security including emergency response plans
- Ability to complete necessary reports
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and day, evening and morning shifts
- Ability to differentiate between colors
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and directives
- Ability to quickly observe situations and make an appropriate response
- Ability to learn methods to de-escalate and respond to situations involving staff, students and visitors
- Ability to walk and/or stand for long periods of time
- Possess and demonstrate effective communication skills.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Must have a minimum of one year security related experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The position will remain open until filled. All applications packets MUST be completed via the Online Job Center at JobCenter (easyhrweb.com). As a part of the application process, interested candidates will be required to upload other documents including a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts (see job center listing for more details). This posting will be removed from the Online Job Center once the position has been filled. All positions require a pre-employment criminal background investigation, education, and employer/professional reference checks. Some positions may additionally require a motor vehicle record search, credit history check, fingerprinting, and/or drug screen. All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Copies of all transcripts should be submitted at the time of application. Official transcripts are required upon employment. Note: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
A Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate based on race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
To apply for this job please visit www.easyhrweb.com.