CLT Laboratory Adjunct Instructor Announcement
Position: Clinical Laboratory Technology Adjunct Instructor
Location: Murphy Campus
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Divisional Academic Dean
FLSA Designation: Adjunct
Nature of Duties: Under general supervision prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for credited technical/occupational courses; prepares standardized course syllabi using provided template; evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives based on established course grading requirements. Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports; attends professional development training as required for specific classroom, lab, or online course delivery. Teaches Clinical Laboratory Technology program courses in a classroom/lab/field environment that closely simulates the environment of the industry while maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field. Provides instruction in the theory and practical applications of Clinical Laboratory Technology. Measures program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success and submits results to program chair. Requires strong computer skills, communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a diverse student population. Position may require day/evening/distance learning classes and activities.
- Bachelor degree, CLT/MLT
- ASCP certification, MLT
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and computer literacy skills
- 3 years’ experience in field as a technician
- Valid Driver’s License
- ASCP certification, MT
- Experience teaching in an online or hybrid environment
Salary/Benefits: Based on qualifications/no benefits
- Unofficial Transcripts, resume, and proof of applicable certifications\licensure are required for consideration. Official transcripts and prior employment verification required within 30 days of hire for continuous employment.
- Selected candidate must successfully complete a background check to include employment references, criminal history, and verification of employment prior to hire.
- West Georgia Technical College is not currently sponsoring work visas at this time.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- WGTC reserves the right to close positions at any time.
The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Continued employment is contingent upon job performance and funding.
To apply for this job please visit www.westgatech.edu.