Position: Cosmetology Adjunct Instructor
Location: Douglas, Carrollton and Newnan Campuses
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Dean, Trade & Technology
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt, Adjunct Instructor
Nature of Duties: Under general supervision prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for credited technical/occupational courses; prepare standardized course syllabi using provided template; assesses students’ satisfactory progress based on established course grading requirements. May be required to attend professional development training as required for specific classroom or online course delivery. Teaches Cosmetology courses in a classroom/lab/field environment that closely simulates the environment of the industry while maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field. Provides instruction in the theory and practical applications of Cosmetology. Courses taught will include hair care, hair color, cutting and styling among others. Measures program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success. Requires strong computer skills, communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a diverse student population. Chosen candidate must be able to work evening hours, 4pm until 9:30 pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Diploma in Cosmetology from an accredited postsecondary institution or equivalent.
- Three out of the past seven years of verifiable in-field experience.
- Current Georgia Board of Cosmetology Master’s License.
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Georgia Master Cosmetologist Instructor License.
- Cosmetology teaching experience.
- Associates Degree in Cosmetology or related.
- Teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
- Unofficial Transcripts, resume, and proof of applicable certifications\licensure are required for consideration. Official transcripts and prior employment verification required within 30 days of hire for continuous employment.
- Selected candidate must successfully complete a background check to include employment references, criminal history, and verification of employment prior to hire.
- West Georgia Technical College is not currently sponsoring work visas at this time.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- WGTC reserves the right to close positions at any time.
The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Continued employment is contingent upon job performance and funding.
To apply for this job please visit www.westgatech.edu.