POSITION: DPS Communications Officer
POSITION DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for assisting in the daily operations and daily communications operation for the Department of Public Safety/Campus Police department under the supervision of the Communications/Records Supervisor.
MAJOR DUTIES: The DPS Communications/Dispatch Officer will help provide for the accurate and orderly flow of information and act as a conduit between stakeholders and the police department in order to provide services. The DPS Communications Officer will monitor and operate the GCIC and NCIC information networks and distribute information to the Chattahoochee Police Chief, Chattahoochee Police Lieutenant, Communications/Records Supervisor and to others in the department at his or her specific direction. The DPS Communications Officer is responsible for monitoring the CCTV system, radio traffic and other duties related. The DPS Communications Officer will operate under the supervision of the Communications/Records Supervisor. Any applicant offered employment in this position is required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and be fingerprinted and a search made of local, state and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal record.
- High School Diploma or equivalency is required.
- Training in police communications.
- Must have possession of Certification as a Terminal Agency Coordinator, or must obtain certification (training provided by CTC Department of Public Safety) within 12 months after appointment.
- Must have Georgia POST certification as a police communications officer, or must obtain certification (training provided by CTC Department of Public Safety) within 12 months after appointment.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia.
- One year of related experience.
- Basic computer knowledge and programs such as Word and Excel.
- $35,560.00 annual salary
- Benefits include paid holidays, annual leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program.
- Please be aware that all Chattahoochee Technical College employees must be paid by DIRECT DEPOSIT unless exempted by the State Accounting Office based on “hardship” evidence provided by the employee.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: APPLY ONLINE ONLY @ www.chattahoocheetech.edu and select “Quick Links” then “Jobs & Careers.” For a complete file, fill out an online application, upload cover letter, resume and include three professional references’ contact information on application. Before a candidate is hired, a pre-employment criminal background investigation, motor vehicle records check and employer/professional reference check will be conducted. Following screening, candidates may be asked to submit further documentation.
RESPONSE DEADLINE: Open until filled. Screening will begin immediately.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: Open Until Filled.
EMPLOYMENT POLICY: Chattahoochee Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Questions about the accreditation of Chattahoochee Technical College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
As set forth in its student catalog, Chattahoochee Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Chattahoochee Technical College Title IX Coordinator, Shanequa “Nickkie” Warrington, Marietta Campus, 980 South Cobb Drive, Building C 1102B, Marietta, GA 30060, 770-975-4023, or SDWarrington@ChattahoocheeTech.edu, and Chattahoochee Technical College Section 504 Coordinator, Caitlin Barton, 5198 Ross Road, Building A1320, Acworth, GA 30102, (770) 975-4099, or Caitlin.Barton@chattahoocheetech.edu.
A Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia
To apply for this job please visit www.easyhrweb.com.