Adjunct Job Announcement
Position: English Adjunct Instructor
Location: Carroll Campus
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Associate Dean, School of Arts and Sciences
FLSA Designation: Part Time
Nature of Duties: Under general supervision prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for credited technical/occupational courses; prepares standardized course syllabi using provided template; evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives based on established course grading requirements. Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports; attends professional development training as required for specific classroom or online course delivery. Teaches English courses in a classroom/lab/field environment that closely simulates the environment of the industry while maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field. Provides instruction in the theory and practical applications of English. Measures program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success and submits results to department chair. Requires strong computer skills, communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a diverse student population. Position may require day/evening/distance learning classes and activities.
Minimum Qualifications: (candidates must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered)
- Master’s Degree in English or Master’s degree in a related discipline with 18 hours in the teaching discipline from an accredited institution
- Valid Driver’s License
- PhD in English
- Teaching experience at the postsecondary level
- Experience teaching in an online or hybrid environment
Salary/Benefits: Based on qualifications/no benefits
- Unofficial Transcripts, resume, and proof of applicable certifications\licensure are required for consideration. Official transcripts and prior employment verification required within 30 days of hire for continuous employment.
- Selected candidate must successfully complete a background check to include employment references, criminal history, and verification of employment prior to hire.
- West Georgia Technical College is not currently sponsoring work visas at this time.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- WGTC reserves the right to close positions at any time.
The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Continued employment is contingent upon job performance and funding.
To apply for this job please visit www.westgatech.edu.