Position: Fire Science Program Director
Location: LaGrange Campus
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Divisional Academic Dean
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Nature of Duties: Under general supervision prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for credited technical/occupational courses; prepares standardized course syllabi using provided template; evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives based on established course grading requirements. Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports; attends professional development training as required for specific classroom, lab, or online course delivery. Teaches Fire Science courses in a classroom/lab/field environment that closely simulates the environment of the industry while maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field. Provides instruction in the theory and practical applications in Fire Science. Measures program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success and submits results to program chair. Requires strong computer skills, communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a diverse student population. Position may require day/evening/distance learning classes and activities.
- Associate Degree in Fire Science Technology from a regionally accredited institution
- Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Council (GFSTC) Certification
- Georgia Fire Academy Certification or National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (NPQS) or Certified Firefighter excepted in lieu of GFSTC Certification
- Fire Officer I and II certification
- Fire Instructor I and II certification
- Online teaching experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum of three (3) years verifiable experience as a firefighter
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
- Teaching experience at the postsecondary level
- Experience teaching with Blackboard LMS
Salary/Benefits: Based on qualifications/State Benefits
Method of Application: Interested candidates must complete the electronic application process prior to the closing date. Unofficial Transcripts, resume, and proof of applicable certifications\licensure are required for consideration. Official transcripts and prior employment verification required within 30 days of hire for continuous employment.
Employment Policy: The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Employment is offered on an as needed semester term with no guarantee of future continued employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.westgatech.edu.