Atlanta Technical College
FULL-TIME INSTRUCTOR – EARLY CHILDHOOD & CARE EDUCATION
May 17, 2021
Number of Openings:
Atlanta Technical College (ATC) is seeking highly qualified applicants for its Full Time Instructor (Early Childhood & Care Education – ECCE) position, in the Academic and Student Affairs division. This position is located on Atlanta Tech’s main campus, just South of Downtown Atlanta.
Under general supervision, the Full Time Instructor (ECCE) will be responsible for instructing and supervising students in Early Childhood and Care program.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates the use of appropriate testing and grading procedures, including proper maintenance of grade books and any other appropriate record-keeping requirements.
- Demonstrates the effective use of oral and written communication skills and knowledge of current procedures and trends in the Early Childhood industry;
- Follows approved curriculum standards and course syllabi;
- Monitors student use of supplies, materials, and equipment;
- Advises and counsels students, and maintains appropriate advisement records on each student;
- Maintains classrooms and laboratories in accordance with approved classroom and lab management plans;
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as required;
- Observes and enforces the institution’s policies and regulations;
- Assists with student recruitment and job placement;
- Maintains qualifications for employment as described by the Technical College System of Georgia Policy Manual and accreditation standards;
- Follows rules and regulations as described by the Technical College System of Georgia Policy Manual and other policies and procedures established by the institution;
- Follows and enforces the rules and regulations as described by the Technical College System of Georgia Policy Manual and other policies and procedures established by the institution.
Must possess and demonstrate a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution AND one (1) year of experience in Early Childhood Education. Must also possess experience teaching diverse and adult populations. Must be able to instruct students and handle administrative responsibilities related to the position.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, preference may be given to candidates that possess and demonstrate a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, as well as three (3) years of post-secondary teaching experience, with at least two (2) years teaching experience in Early Childhood Education. Must possess and demonstrate prior lab school experience, possess an understanding of the attributes of open pedagogy, as well as an understanding of educational equity framework and possess and demonstrate knowledge of Head Start and Bright from The Start procedures.
May be required to teach at other locations and other locations within the community.
PLEASE UPLOAD A RESUME, TRANSCRIPT(S) AND CERTIFICATIONS.
BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ARE CONDUCTED PRIOR TO SCREENING.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide applicants with the status of their individual submissions. Applicants can review their application status on their “My Job Page” within their Team Georgia Careers profile.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As set forth in its student catalog, Atlanta Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For further information regarding these laws (Title VI and IX) contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Atlanta Technical College, Cleveland Dennard Center, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: email@example.com. To request reasonable accommodations upon enrollment (Section 504/ADA), contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Atlanta Technical College, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Faculty and staff with questions about equity or reasonable accommodations should contact Travis H. Salley, Director, Human Resources, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite 180A, Atlanta Technical College 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy. SW, Atlanta Georgia 30310. email@example.com
Do not send résumés to any of the email addressed above, they will not be opened or reviewed.
To apply for this job please visit www.atlantatech.edu.