Human Resources/COVID Program Assistant
November 14, 2022
December 1, 2022
Number of Openings:
HUMAN RESOURCES/ COVID PROGRAM ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Atlanta Technical College is currently seeking highly qualified applicants for its Human Resources/COVID Program Assistant position. Under general supervision, the Human Resources Program Assistant performs administrative functions and serves as the initial point of contact and support for the Atlanta Technical College COVID-19 Task Force and specifically the Human Resources Director and the Exposure Control Coordinator. This position is grant funded with excellent internal growth opportunities.
- Being the initial contact point for reports of potential COVID-19 exposure and positive COVID-19 test cases.
- Review contact tracing forms and sending communication to impacted students and/or employees
- Provides quarantine guidance in accordance with the CDC and Public Health guideline
- Tracks employees and students return to campus
- Submits COVID data to the Communication team when needed
- Updates employee leave information with Human Resources and the employee’s manager
- Provides administrative support with tasks related to front office management and assisting with the management of the human resources email inbox.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from internal and external individuals related to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Assists the HR Generalists with scheduling interviews and preparing documents for interviews
- Performs and completes tasks and assignments associated with personnel support functions for the Office of Human Resources, which may include completing verifications of employment, reference checks, and related tasks.
- Enters data from forms, records, reports, and/or other sources into computer for purposes such as maintaining databases.
- Uses computer software as a tool for performing clerical assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Completion of a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent and four (4) years of experience in performing clerical tasks in a confidential environment.
Preference may be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess and demonstrate an Associate’s Degree or higher in Business, Healthcare, Human Resources or a related field.
Some lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As set forth in its student catalog, Atlanta Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For further information regarding these laws (Title VI and IX) contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Atlanta Technical College, Cleveland Dennard Center, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: email@example.com. To request reasonable accommodations upon enrollment (Section 504/ADA), contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Atlanta Technical College, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Faculty and staff with questions about equity or reasonable accommodations should contact Georgina Dumay, Director, Human Resources, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite 180A, Atlanta Technical College 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy. SW, Atlanta Georgia 30310. email@example.com.
Do not send résumés to any of the emails addressed above as they will not be opened or reviewed.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide applicants with the status of their individual submissions. Applicants can review their application status on their “My Job Page” within their Team Georgia Careers profile.
This posting may close at any time prior to the posted close date, once a suitable applicant pool is identified.
To apply for this job please visit www.atlantatech.edu.