Atlanta Technical College
Paralegal Studies Adjunct Instructor
March 24, 2022
July 31, 2022
Number of Openings:
$2,000 per semester
Atlanta Technical College (ATC) is seeking highly qualified applicants for their Paralegal Studies Adjunct Instructor position. This position is located on Atlanta Tech’s main campus, just South of Downtown Atlanta.
Under general supervision, the Paralegal Studies Adjunct Instructor provides instruction to students in the Paralegal Studies Program.
- Demonstrates the use of appropriate teaching techniques.
- Demonstrates the use of appropriate testing and grading procedures including proper maintenance of grade books and any other appropriate record-keeping required.
- Completes all reports and records in a timely manner and maintains an accurate inventory of all assigned properties.
- Demonstrates the effective use of oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current procedures in the Paralegal Studies field. Follows approved course syllabus.
- Responsible for teaching and monitoring students.
- Monitors students’ use of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Advises and counsel students regarding course requirements.
- Maintains appropriate advisement records on each student.
- Assists with student recruitment and job placement as directed by division dean. Serves on committees as directed and coordinated by division dean.
- Attends meetings as required and appropriate.
- Observes and enforces the institution’s policies and regulations.
- Maintains qualifications for employment as described by the Technical College system of Georgia Policy Manual. Follows rules and regulations as described by the Technical College System of Georgia Policy Manual and other policies and procedures established by the institution.
Graduate from an accredited private or public law school and a member of the Bar in good standing. Experience practicing law in either the public or private sector. Must have flexibility to teach evening classes in person. Contracts are for 16 weeks; renewable upon availability of classes and satisfactory job performance. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must possess and maintain the appropriate professional credential for or related to the field or position.
Graduate from an accredited private or public law school and a member of the Bar in good standing. Also, a minimum of two years paid work experience in-field within the past seven years. Work experience must include competencies, skills and knowledge levels included in the Paralegal/law field. Expertise in the content being taught and knowledge of curriculum design and educational strategies. Experience in an academic setting and possess strong legal research and writing skills as well as transactional skills (contracts, business law, real estate, etc.) preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As set forth in its student catalog, Atlanta Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For further information regarding these laws (Title VI and IX) contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Atlanta Technical College, Cleveland Dennard Center, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: email@example.com. To request reasonable accommodations upon enrollment (Section 504/ADA), contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Atlanta Technical College, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Faculty and staff with questions about equity or reasonable accommodations should contact Georgina Dumay, Director, Human Resources, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite 180A, Atlanta Technical College 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy. SW, Atlanta Georgia 30310. email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.atlantatech.edu.