Atlanta Technical College
Program Coordinator – Allied Health
February 11, 2022
Number of Openings:
Atlanta Technical College (ATC) is seeking highly qualified applicants for the Program Coordinator – Allied Health position. This position is located on ATC’s Main Campus, which is just South of Downtown Atlanta / Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.
The Program Coordinator – Allied Health is responsible to the Division Dean for fulfilling both administrative and teaching responsibilities in the allied health to include: Nurse Aide, Patient Care Technician, Hemodialysis, Central Sterile Processing, & Allied Health General Courses. Program coordinators are members of the faculty and program administrators with planning, organizational, and supervisory responsibilities. The Program Chair is responsible for meeting certain college criteria that are considered essential to the success of the college.
Specific duties, but may not be limited to the following:
- Demonstrate the use of a variety of teaching techniques appropriate to the discipline and to student learning styles. Demonstrate the use of appropriate assessment, testing, grading, student feedback, and record-keeping procedures.
- Display current knowledge of subject area and how skills being taught apply to the contemporary workplace.
- Perform student recruitment, enrollment, retention, graduation, and job placement activities. Advise/counsel students on a regular basis and maintain appropriate advisement records. Provide necessary support and assistance to students outside of class by maintaining office hours/access. Establish and ensure adherence to an approved master course syllabus. Participate in evaluation of achievement of student learning outcomes.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with students, faculty, and staff. Demonstrate commitment to the use of information/instructional technology in course delivery. Design and coordinate instruction to meet or exceed state standards. Establish and enforce health and safety requirements in classrooms and laboratories.
- Communicate program and student needs to the division dean through planning and budgeting. Interview and recommend new full-time and adjunct faculty members for employment. Facilitate completion of adjunct faculty paperwork and payroll procedures. Orient new full-time and part-time faculty members to the college and the program.
- Coordinate activities related to the operation of the program advisory committee. Coordinate activities related to the achievement and maintenance of program accreditation. Participate in activities of (state) Consortium Committees and the college-wide Faculty Council. Participate in IEP activities to promote program evaluation and use of results for improvement. Maintain awareness of probes; verify currency and accuracy of program information in academic publications.
- Conduct and monitor equipment inventory. Coordinate, monitor, and order consumables for the program. Plan and develop course and teaching schedules for all campuses. Ensure completion of maintenance, repair, and housekeeping activities that will result in an environment conducive to learning.
- Maintain qualifications for employment as required by the state and college. Adhere to the rules and regulations stated in the Technical College System of Georgia Policy Manual and to the policies and procedures of the college. Serve on committees as assigned. Participate in division and college-wide meetings as appropriate
Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited program. 3 years of clinical nursing experience. 1 year experience in a long-term care facility as a Registered Nurse. Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Georgia.
Three years work experience in a healthcare facility within the past seven (7) years, must include competencies, skills and knowledge levels that the instructor will be able to teach, occupational experience must meet current requirements for area of instruction.
Current License as a registered nurse in the state of Georgia.
DNP, Ph.D. in related field, or Ed.D. More than five years of registered nursing education instruction. Knowledge and use of nursing simulation laboratories for instruction. Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Georgia.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As set forth in its student catalog, Atlanta Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For further information regarding these laws (Title VI and IX) contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Atlanta Technical College, Cleveland Dennard Center, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: email@example.com. To request reasonable accommodations upon enrollment (Section 504/ADA), contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Atlanta Technical College, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Faculty and staff with questions about equity or reasonable accommodations should contact Georgina Dumay, Director, Human Resources, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite 180A, Atlanta Technical College 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy. SW, Atlanta Georgia 30310. email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.atlantatech.edu.