Athens Technical College in Athens, Georgia seeks a full-time Program Counselor/Advisor to provide positive direction for students’ academic, social, and emotional well-being; develop and provide an effective comprehensive guidance and advisement to serve the needs of all students; be responsible for test administration and supervision; provide orientation program to acquaint students with new development and facilitate their school adjustment process; and provide direct support service to students. The Program Counselor/ Advisor will report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. This position will require travel within the college’s service area and other travel as needed.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with the Athens Career Academy, Office of Academic Affairs, Division of Student Affairs, faculty and staff to facilitate advisement and academic progress review for new, at-risk and enrolled students
- Coordinate and provide advisement services students on career issues and course sequencing issues to facilitate the path to graduation
- Coordinate, track, report, and use retention data research and analysis, using Banner, KMS, and other resources to identify obstacles to student achievement and retention
- Design, coordinate, and target new intervention services, programs, and initiatives focused on student retention and development
- Intervene aggressively with students who are demonstrating at-risk tendencies to identify their problems and directs them to appropriate resources designed to address those problems
- Research, develop, and apply technology to support services to better assist in the retention of students
- Consult with parents and staff to appraise student needs and interests and discuss appropriate recommendations for educational options
- Maintain confidentiality of student records and official business, unless legally required to disclose
- Perform other duties as assigned
Deadline to apply is June 13, 2022 at 4:00 pm.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field *and* Three (3) years of related work experience
- Masters degree
- Work experience as a K -12 counselor
Interested candidates should apply online at:
To apply, click “Apply to This Job” and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon an offer of employment. Official copies of transcripts must be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or electronically to email@example.com .
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
To apply for this job please visit www.athenstech.edu.