Position: Project Specialist for Distance Education
Position Status: Full Time
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Primary Work Location: Macon Campus
Projected Work Schedule: 40 hours per week /12 calendar months per year
A review of completed application packets may begin upon receipt. Interviews of qualified candidates may be held after review of the application packet; the position may close prior at any time after November 23, 2022 based on a candidate selection.
Under general supervision, provides support for the distance education department in the Academic Affairs unit. Responsible for managing eCampus scheduling and other duties related to the eCampus initiative to include serving as the college’s eCampus point of contact. In addition, the Project Specialist will coordinate off-campus distance education proctoring requests, assist in maintaining the distance education and eCampus websites, updating information related to distance education program offerings, and collaborating with the curriculum specialist to ensure accuracy of all distance education course scheduling. Assists in the preparation of special reports and performs special projects for management. Follows rules and regulations as described by the TCSG Policy Manual and other policies and procedures established by the institution. Position may require travel within the college’s service area and other travel as needed. This position reports directly to the Dean for Distance Education.
Major responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as the college’s eCampus point of contact for operational processes related to scheduling;
- Develops, maintains, and fosters effective working relationships with CGTC and TCSG personnel
- Assists with Distance Education Help Desk requests
- Coordinates Distance Education off-site proctoring request process
- Acts as liaison between multiple parties to identify solutions to problems;
- Reviews and updates distance education program listing for accreditation reporting
- Prepares project timelines, maintains required documentation and prepares various reports and distributes to appropriate personnel as requested;
- Assists in the development, review, revision, interpretation, and/or implementation of policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines related to eCampus and Distance Education
- Completes all assigned trainings in a timely manner
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs
- Oral and written communication skills
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize perform complex and varied duties
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
Minimum Qualifications: Must upload transcripts/certifications which show conferred educational degrees/current certifications and document qualifications in the employment history:
- Earned Associate degree* from an academic institution accredited by an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education
- Documented three (3) years of work-related experience
*Note: Experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis
Preferred Qualifications: Preference may be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, provide transcripts of conferred degrees and demonstrate in the employment history possession of one or more of the following:
- Documented earned post-secondary credential in an IT related field from an academic institution accredited by an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education
- Documented experience teaching or learning in a distance education environment
- Documented work experience in postsecondary education
Projected Work Hours/Location:
This position will work 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:45-3:30 pm on Friday. Position will be assigned to the Macon campus. Additional hours or a flexible schedule to include evenings and/or weekends will be required as needed. This position will work all 12 calendar months per year and at 40 hours per week*. (*A reduced full-time schedule is available on request with a prorated salary.)
Salary / Benefits:
Target annual gross salary range is mid-upper $30s. Actual salary to be determined by the candidate’s highest qualifying degree and/or related experience based on meeting published minimum and preferred qualifications. Position is eligible for state benefits to include retirement, insurance, leave accrual and holiday pay. CGTC is a member of Teachers Retirement System of Georgia (TRS) and Employees Retirement System of Georgia (ERS).
Applicants are required to complete the employment application in full and provide supporting documentation by the stated closing deadline for the position. CGTC does not accept mailed, faxed, or hand-delivered applications.
Applicants who complete the application procedure will be evaluated for meeting the position requirements based on the published job responsibilities, meeting the minimum and preferred qualifications based on the educational history, employment skills presented under job duties in the application system against the published job announcement. A completed application packet consists of the following:
- A completed CGTC electronic application in the CGTC application portal. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the CGTC electronic application. If submitted as supporting documentation it will not be considered in the applicant evaluation.
- Postsecondary transcripts that demonstrate the conferral of the degree, if applicable, and demonstrates the applicant meets the educational minimum requirements and, if applicable, the preferred educational requirements (grade reports and diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts)
- Positions requiring a High School Diploma or GED as a minimum qualification do not have to submit a HSD/GED transcript documentation as part of the application process
- Non-photo license(s) and/or certification(s) which fulfill the minimum, and if applicable the preferred qualifications stated in the job announcement
Incomplete application packets at the time of the position closing may not be considered. It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain and upload the application documentation by the stated deadline.
For more information concerning our application process or available positions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 478-757-3449 or 478-218-3700 or via email to email@example.com.
All applicants are subject to the following applicable pre-employment screenings:
Criminal History Records Motor Vehicle Records
Employment References Pre-Employment Drug Test
Fingerprint Records Credit History Records
Psychological Screening Medical Examination
Central Georgia Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
The Title IX/Section 504/ADA Coordinator for CGTC nondiscrimination policies is Cathy Johnson, Executive Director for Conduct, Appeals and Compliance, Room A136, 80 Cohen Walker Drive, Warner Robins, Ga, 31088; Phone (478) 218-3309; Fax (478) 471-5197; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All application materials are subject to the Georgia Open Records Act O. C. G. A. §50-18-70.
To apply for this job please visit www.centralgatech.edu.