Date: September 2021
Title: Public Relations & Information Director
Job Code: 60980
Reports to: VP, Economic Development & Community Relations
The Public Relations & Information Director is responsible for developing strategic communications and marketing plans for WGTC and/or its Foundation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|· Develops strategic communications and marketing plans for the technical college and/or its Foundation and coordinates implementation of the plans with president and/or senior management. Responds to routine and more complex inquiries from students and the general public or directs them to the appropriate source. Directs media relations efforts and manages press conferences.
|· Manages the production of publications and information. Prepares the college’s annual report on accomplishments for the year. Conducts student surveys to determine best advertising methods to meet target audience.
|· Conducts regular evaluation of services provided and make adjustment as needed. Develops and/or assists plus maintain up-to-date policies, procedures and recommend changes to effectively meet the goals and requirements of the program, in accordance with applicable state or federal laws.
|· Manage and oversees financial/budget operation of the department.
|· Monitor the activities of personnel to ensure compliance with TCSG/college policy manual and department procedures. Evaluates employees at scheduled intervals upon reviewing of all relevant information.
|· Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of advertising and marketing principles and concepts
- Knowledge of local demographics
- Knowledge of design concepts and publication theories and guidelines
- Knowledge of postal regulations and direct mail concepts
- Knowledge of budgetary management principles
- Skill in delegation of responsibility and authority
- Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs
- Oral and written communication skills
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Talent management
- Transformers of government
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and technologies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, mainly located at Adamson Square. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 5:30 pm and Friday, 8 am until 12 pm although a Monday through Thursday, 4/10 schedule may be approved. This position occasionally requires longer hours and some weekend work.
Travel to other campus locations is required, as needed. Some overnight travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree *and* three (3) years of work-related experience.
*NOTE: Experience may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications and/or related fields is strongly preferred.
- 7-10 years of previous marketing, communications or public relations experience.
- Prior supervisory experience of full-time staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Previous work experience in digital and social media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player and work well with others.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s acknowledgement of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position.
Employee Name: _________________________________________________
Signature: __________________________________________ Date: ________
To apply for this job please visit www.westgatech.edu.