Adjunct Job Announcement
Position: Radiologic Technology Clinical Adjunct Instructor
Location: Douglas Campus
Department: Academic Affairs – School of Health Sciences
Reports to: Divisional Academic Dean
FLSA Designation: Non-exempt
Nature of Duties: Under general supervision evaluates students’ clinical progress in attaining goals and objectives based on established course grading requirements. Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports; Travels to clinical sites and provides instruction in the practical applications in radiologic technology in the clinical environment. Measures program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success and submits results to program chair. Works with the radiologic technology faculty to evaluation, advise and tutor students in the clinical setting. May also prepare lesson plans and provide classroom instruction based on approved course syllabus and state standards for the course. Requires strong computer skills, communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a diverse student population. Maintain proper documentation for ongoing JRCERT accreditation and performance. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Radiologic Technology
- 2 years’ experience as a Radiologic Technologist
- Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification in Radiology
- Valid Driver’s License
- Position requires travel to clinical settings
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Holds American Registry of Radiologic Technologists current certification in other related disciplines.
- Teaching experience at the postsecondary level
- Teaching experience with Blackboard LMS
Salary/Benefits: Based on qualifications/no benefits
- Unofficial Transcripts, resume, and proof of applicable certifications\licensure are required for consideration. Official transcripts and prior employment verification required within 30 days of hire for continuous employment.
- Selected candidate must successfully complete a background check to include employment references, criminal history, and verification of employment prior to hire.
- West Georgia Technical College is not currently sponsoring work visas at this time.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- WGTC reserves the right to close positions at any time.
The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Continued employment is contingent upon job performance and funding.
To apply for this job please visit www.westgatech.edu.