POSITION: Student Affairs – Admissions Coordinator (Marietta Campus)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations by maintaining office systems (work flow, delegation of responsibility and tasks), developing and implementing procedures, and deploying resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The position oversees the front counter Admissions Assistants. This includes the daily operations and coverage of campus front counters and assisting the admissions counselors with processes such as campus tours and information sessions. The Admissions Coordinator aids the Executive Director of Enrollment Services in planning and implementing Admissions strategy.
MANAGERIAL AND LEADERSHIP ROLE
- Manages the functions of Admissions Assistants front desk customer service staff, including application document intake, student communication, and general customer service.
- Participates as a member of the admissions counselor team. Assists student, parent, and staff questions about the admissions process. Assists with maintaining office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training operational staff.
- Ensures adequate coverage of the Admissions/Student Affairs offices at the Appalachian, Marietta, North Metro, and Paulding campuses.
- Aids staff who are responsible for data entry and integrity, reporting, communication flow, and correspondence.
- Assists with training of operational staff in optimal data entry and scanning procedures and documentation.
- Collaborates with Records, Student Outreach, Student Financial Services, Advisement, and other relevant departments to ensure Admissions/Student Affairs front desk customer service staff are functioning in a satisfactory manner.
CUSTOMER SERVICE QUALITY CONTROL AND TRAINING
- Assigns, aids the Executive Director in the supervision of, and evaluation of the work of professional employees engaged in responding to general inquiries, information sharing, and other significant functions of the office.
- Directs the onboarding training of new Admissions personnel.
- Creates and manages a training schedule that ensures Admissions/Student Affairs front desk customer service staff maintain an adequate knowledge level and provides opportunities to expand skillsets.
- Develops processes and implements procedures that are efficient and data-driven.
- Directs the processes and procedures that help to guide the campus visit experience, including phone and systems protocol, data entry and transfer, all leading to an exceptional customer service experience.
- Works alongside Admissions Counselors and provides communication, counseling, and guidance to prospective students and applicants, including but not limited to: answering inquiries, counseling prospective students and applicants through the application process, assisting prospective students in selecting an optimal program of study, sending mass communications to applicants, interpreting college transcripts and making acceptance decisions, and coordinating the application process for select programs of study.
- Aids students, parents, faculty, staff, and administration as needed on various issues; resolves difficult issues related to admission, student enrollment, student accounts, registration, and residency classification.
- Oversees the setup and administrative side of campus tours and information sessions.
- Monitors the live chat FAQ page and other admissions webpages and submits changes as needed.
- Helps Executive Director monitor TargetX dashboard reports and compares numbers and trends.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems (purchasing, documentation, inventory).
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning operational staff and following up on work results.
- Coaches, empowers and enables operational staff by planning, monitoring, and appraising job performance.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field and at least three years of paid work experience in college or university admissions, OR Associate’s degree with five years of paid work experience in college or university admissions, OR High School diploma and ten years of experience in a related field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years of experience or service.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Experience in:
- Target X
SALARY/BENEFITS: $49,397.48 annually. Benefits include paid holidays, annual leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program. Please be aware that Chattahoochee Tech employees will be paid by direct deposit, unless exempted by the State Accounting Office based on “hardship” evidence provided by the employee.
TELEWORK: This position has the potential to telework up to 40% of the time. Telework varies depending on campus coverage and semester.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: APPLY ONLINE ONLY @ www.chattahoocheetech.edu and select “Quick Links” then “Jobs & Careers.” For a complete file, fill out an online application, upload cover letter, resume and include three professional references’ contact information on application. Before a candidate is hired, a pre-employment criminal background investigation, motor vehicle records check and employer/professional reference check will be conducted. Following screening, candidates may be asked to submit further documentation.
RESPONSE DEADLINE: Open until filled. Screening will begin immediately.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: March 2024
EMPLOYMENT POLICY: Chattahoochee Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Questions about the accreditation of Chattahoochee Technical College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
As set forth in its student catalog, Chattahoochee Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Chattahoochee Technical College Title IX Coordinator, Shanequa “Nickkie” Warrington, Marietta Campus, 980 South Cobb Drive, Building C 1102B, Marietta, GA 30060, 770-975-4023, or SDWarrington@ChattahoocheeTech.edu, and Chattahoochee Technical College Section 504 Coordinator, Caitlin Barton, 5198 Ross Road, Building A1320, Acworth, GA 30102, (770) 975-4099, or Caitlin.Barton@chattahoocheetech.edu.
A Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia
To apply for this job please visit www.chattahoocheetech.edu.