Position: Surgical Technology Adjunct Instructor
Location: Murphy Campus
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Divisional Academic Deans
FLSA Designation: Non-exempt
Nature of Duties:
Responsibilities include teaching Surgical Technology campus lab courses and supervising clinical externships. Requests and maintains supplies and equipment; maintains program certification/accreditation requirements as appropriate. Prepares and maintains all required documentation ensures safety and security requirements are met in the discipline area; meets with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues; assist with recruitment, retention and job placement efforts. Provides instruction in the theory and practical applications of Surgical Technology; evaluates program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success. Requires strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively with a diverse student population. Position may require committee and project assignments or other duties as assigned as well as day/evening/distance learning classes and activities.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) through a national credentialing organization accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
- CPR certification
- A minimum total of two years of experience, either in the operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology, or a combination of both, within the past five years
- Teaching experience in a Health Science related field at the postsecondary level
- Capable of teaching both the didactic, lab and clinical aspects of the program
- Experience teaching with Blackboard LMS
Salary/Benefits: Based on qualifications/no benefits
Method of Application: Interested candidates must complete the electronic application process prior to the closing date. Unofficial Transcripts, resume, and proof of applicable certifications\licensure are required for consideration. Official transcripts and prior employment verification required within 30 days of hire for continuous employment.
Employment Policy: The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Employment is offered on an as needed semester term with no guarantee of future continued employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.westgatech.edu.