Attention: As of January 1, 2023, Rapid Response services provided by the State of Georgia will be administered by the Technical College System of Georgia’s Office of Workforce Development. Moreover, all WARN filings by Georgia employers must be submitted to the Technical College System of Georgia via the Georgia WARN Filing Portal.
What is a WARN?
A Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) is an official filing made by employers with the State of Georgia primarily to:
- Provide advanced notice of a mass layoff or plant closure; and
- Ensure affected employees have access to reemployment and other assistance services.
A WARN filing must be made at least 60 calendar days in advance of employment loss. However, exceptions may be granted if the layoffs or worksite closings occur due to faltering companies, unforeseen business circumstances, or natural disasters. For specific requirements and obligations, please refer to the federal WARN Act.
What is Rapid Response?
Rapid Response is a proactive and customized statewide service that helps Georgia employers:
· Avert layoffs, downsizing, and permanent closures;
· Receive immediate aid to affected companies and their affected workers.
· Access public and private resources to minimize disruptions associated with job loss; and
· Assist workers through the painful transitions associated with job loss.
Who do we partner with?
WorkSource Map of regions (LWDA/Career Center)
Resources for Employers
Resources for Workers
Helpful Links and More Info
Office of Workforce Development
ATTN: State Rapid Response Unit
Technical College System of Georgia
1800 Century Place NE, Suite 150
Atlanta, Georgia 30345-4304