Georgia High School Equivalency (GED & HiSET) Program
Welcome to the home of the official Georgia High School Equivalency (HSE) Program (formerly the GED Testing Program) where you can find everything you need to know about choosing a high school equivalency (HSE) pathway, taking your tests or enrolling in classes, and earning your high school equivalency (HSE) credential. The Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) now offers multiple options for achieving your high school equivalency. Two computer-based testing (CBT) pathways are available through testing centers or proctored at home: the GED® test or the HiSET® exam. TCSG is also piloting a workforce-based solution to a high school equivalency (HSE) through joint enrollment called Career Plus HSE.
- Preparation classes for GaHSE options are free. Contact your local Adult Education Center for information about courses.
- Scholarships are available to assist with GED® Test fees and HiSET® Exam fees. See your local adult education center for more information.
- Click here to view HSE Options flyer
Due to public health concerns, the GED test and HiSET exam can both be taken at home in a proctored environment. The GED test option is called the Online Proctored GED and the HiSET option is called HiSET at Home. These options require a computer, camera, speakers, and Internet connectivity for the individual delivery of the test at home or in another secure location.
- TCSG COVID-19 Parent Consent – Students ages 16 and 17 are considered under-age and may need the consent of a parent or guardian to test. Please check your testing confirmation email for requirements.
- TCSG COVID-19 Student Waiver – All test-takers 18 years and over may be asked to sign a waiver document. Please check your testing confirmation email for requirements.
- TCSG COVID-19 Student Waiver (En Español) – Waiver in Spanish for all test-takers 18 years and over. Please check your testing confirmation email for requirements.
When registering for a test, open testing locations with available testing dates will automatically display. Availability may vary due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Examinees can expand the distance they are willing to travel to identify additional sites.
GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education (ACE) and may not be used or reproduced without express written permission. The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license from ACE.
ETS, the ETS logo, MEASURING THE POWER OF LEARNING and HISET are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (ETS).