Application Instructions

Submit a completed admission application and a nonrefundable application fee in U.S. currency by credit card, money order or check drawn on a U.S. bank payable to your college of choice by the appropriate admission deadline.

Submit official transcripts from your high school or state authorized and recognized high school equivalency and all colleges attended by the application deadline. All transcripts must be received in envelopes sealed by the sending institution. Applicants with a college degree are not required to submit a high school diploma or equivalent. All international transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluation service and sent directly to your college. We recommend the following evaluation agencies:

Foreign Credential Evaluations, Inc.
1425 Market Blvd, Suite 530
Roswell, Georgia 30076
Telephone: (770) 642-1108
Fax: (770) 641-8381

Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
7101  SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Telephone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338

Lisano International
P.O. Box 407
Auburn, AL. 36831-0407
Telephone: (334) 745-0425

World Education Service
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
Telephone:  212-966-6311

High school transcripts or diplomas should be evaluated by the document by document evaluation method.

Students with college credit or a degree from a college or university outside the United States must submit a course by course evaluation of the transcript.

Submit official scores from one of the following placement tests taken within the last five years: SAT, ACT, ACCUPLACER or ACCUPLACER NG. The ASSET and COMPASS tests are retired.

If you are applying for, or have, F or M student visa, supply the following additional documentation:

If English is NOT your first language, submit official score of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A score of 500 or higher on the written test or a score of 173 or higher on the computerized version of TOEFL is required. Submit original financial documentation as required by the U.S. government.

The student or sponsor must provide a bank letter verifying a minimum of your school’s cost of attendance USD is available to finance the first year of education. All bank correspondence should be written on official bank stationary and certified or notarized by an officer of the bank with the bank address and telephone number printed clearly. Financial documentation must be dated within the last three months, and funds must be stated in the U.S. currency equivalent. Sponsors must complete the Form I-134 Affidavit of Support and have it properly notarized.

Transfer Students. If you are currently attending a college or university in the United States and wish to transfer to one of Georgia’s technical colleges, notify your school’s International Office of your desire to transfer.

Change-of-Status. Students who need change-of-status or adjustment of immigration status to comply with government regulations should contact your school’s International Student Advisor for advisement. The office can assist the student with the change-of-status process and/or issue documents that enable the student to apply for a student visa.

Obtaining a Student Visa. When all academic and visa requirements are met, follow these steps to obtain a student visa:

  • Obtain Form I-20 and a letter of acceptance from the school.
  • Pay SEVIS I-901 Fee. Currently the SEVIS fee to obtain an F, M, or J visa is $350. Fee must be paid prior to the visa appointment with the U.S. Embassy. For payment options and further information, visit Student is required to bring a copy of the SEVIS fee payment receipt (showing proof of payment) to the visa interview.
  • Find the U.S. Embassy closest to your home at Check the consular site to see if there are any special instructions for the consulate you will be visiting.
  • Make an appointment with the embassy for the visa interview.

Arrival Information. At the port-of-entry to the U.S., the student will be interviewed again and the Arrival/Departure Form I-94 will be issued. The earliest date of entry into the U.S. that is allowed is typically 30 dates prior to the start date indicated on your Form I-20. The student will not be allowed entry into the U.S. beyond the start date. The student is required to notify the school’s International Student Advisor of arrival and make an appointment to complete U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service requirements.

Important Information. Your school will not accept faxed or photocopies as official documents.

10 Points to remember when applying for a nonimmigrant visa