ABOUT AUGUSTA TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Augusta Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, is a two-year college located in Augusta, Georgia. Since its opening in 1961, Augusta Technical College remains dedicated to promoting the educational, economic, and community development in its service area (Burke, Columbia, Lincoln, McDuffie, and Richmond Counties). The college offers over 100 academic programs in high-demand areas such as Allied Health Sciences & Nursing, Business, Public & Professional Services, Cyber, Digital and Engineering Technologies accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The college also offers adult education/GED, ESL, and continuing education programs through the Division of Economic Development.
ABOUT AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
Augusta, GA is a regional center for medicine, biotechnology, and cyber security. Located near the Georgia/South Carolina border (Central Savannah River Area), the area holds many accolades: Most Neighborly City in America, Best Cities to Start a Business, and a Top Ten Places in the South to Hire Vets. The area is internationally known for the PGA’s Master’s Tournament held at the Augusta National Golf Club and being the home of James Brown; while also bolstering the Augusta Riverwalk, Savannah Rapids Pavilion, Evans Towne Center Park, and home of the US Army Cyber Center of Excellence at Fort Gordon.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Adjunct Psychology Instructor (part-time) Job Code: 10317
Campus Location: Waynesboro
Salary: Commensurate with education and work experience.
The Adjunct Faculty (APO) is responsible for developing curriculum and presenting instruction in subject areas. Payment method for employees assigned to this job is “APO, lump-sum, fee-for-service.”
- Teaches program courses based on schedule needs.
- Updates a syllabus for each assigned course, which contains the name and number of the course, a course description, the assignment schedule/calendar, a list of the competencies, learning outcomes, the required textbooks, required tools and supplies, the evaluation, and grading procedures.
- Establishes an environment conducive to learning in the classroom and/or laboratory by keeping areas clean, maintaining equipment in safe order, posting safety procedures, and establishing a safety program.
- Prepares for class by selecting appropriate learning experiences as evidenced by the following: updating instructional materials such as handouts, syllabi; ordering supplies and equipment; reproducing of materials; and using a variety of learning modalities including instructional technology to augment instruction.
- Maintains course content, which is current, well organized, and related to course objectives and to student’s previous learning.
- Complete College online Learning Management System (LMS) training and implement LMS into course delivery.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the following areas: institutional services and policies; degree, diploma, and certificate programs offered by Augusta Technical College; job placement and follow-up; financial aid; library resources; and bookstore operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current trend’s in program’s industry/business community and maintains contact with business community and professional organizations.
- Submits and updates all paperwork and required reports on time including booklists, class schedules, termination reports, inventory, student purchase/cost list, and student evaluations.
- Selects staff development activities based on the following: student evaluations; instructor/course evaluations; changes in business/industry and technical education; updates in technology; and/or professional needs.
- Completes all staff development plan requirements each year and submits staff development 503 activity reports promptly.
- Maintains credentials, licensure, and certifications required for teaching and for the profession.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
- Maintains control of class during instruction as well as handles disruptions in the classroom/lab.
- Demonstrates respect for students as individuals.
- Demonstrates accessibility in dealing with students’ needs both individually and as a group; maintains posted office hours; and communicates clearly to students.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in instructor performance as reflected by the majority of positive responses on student evaluations.
- Counsels students with grades and attendance problems, and refers students to the counseling center if needed.
- Accesses student information from school wide student data systems for advisement and registration purposes. Demonstrates effectiveness in instructional delivery as indicated by analysis of student performance on departmental tests and/or corrective actions taken to improve instructional delivery system.
- Maintains a copy of up-to-date state program standards and program guides to use as reference in curriculum development and revision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A master’s degree in the teaching discipline or master’s degree with a concentration in the teaching discipline (a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline).
A minimum of three years of full-time paid work experience in field is preferred. Work experience should include those competencies, skills, and knowledge levels which the instructor will be expected to teach, including teaching inter-discipline online courses.
Teaching experience at the postsecondary level, excellent human relations skills, effective oral and written communication skills, knowledgeable of common software programs (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point), and the ability to implement technology into instructions to include teaching online classes.
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until filled. All applications packets MUST be completed via the Online Job Center at JobCenter (easyhrweb.com). As a part of the application process, interested candidates will be required to upload other documents including a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts (see job center listing for more details). This posting will be removed from the Online Job Center once the position has been filled. All positions require a pre-employment criminal background investigation, education, and employer/professional reference checks. Some positions may additionally require a motor vehicle record search, credit history check, fingerprinting, and/or drug screen. All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Copies of all transcripts should be submitted at the time of application. Official transcripts are required upon employment. Note: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
A Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
To apply for this job please visit www.easyhrweb.com.