Administrative Services Director
- Provides supervision and oversite for procurement, accounts payable, asset management, bookstore operations, insurance, budget/grant reviews, inventory control and financial reporting
- Assigns, plans and directs activities to ensure the maximum efficiency on a continuous basis according to established procedures
- Reviews and approves expense accounts, leave request, travel requests, etc. to ensure conformity with established policies and procedures
- Monitors and evaluates the activities of personnel to ensure compliance with TCSG policy manual and department procedures
- Defines and sets goals and works with management to determine strategies for the College, customer needs, maintenance of internal controls and to eliminate duplication of processes
- Maintains an excellent working relationship with and serves as a liaison to internal and external customer
- All other duties as assigned
Competencies: Skill in customer service, interpersonal relations and serving the public; Skill in oral and written communication; Skill in basic conflict resolution; Organizational and project management skills; Knowledge of finance, accounting and management policies and procedures; Ability to prepare budget & project status reports of milestones, tasks and resources; Knowledge of institutional organization, policies, procedures, and administrative practices; Knowledge of relevant federal and state regulations; Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority; Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs; Decision making and problem solving skills; A record of integrity and ability to work independently.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university *and* Five (5) years of experience in management or the defined departmental area
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with TeamWorks software; Experience with TCSG a plus; Experience working with DOAS and Risk Management Services a plus.
Salary: Full-time position with State of GA Benefits. Subject to criminal background check and credit check. Reports to VP of Administrative Services. Salary commensurate with experience.
Application deadline: Open until filled; criminal background check and credit check required.
Position Available: Immediately
Please complete our SGTC application on our website www.southgatech.edu; access this by clicking on the link Employment Opportunities. For further assistance, call the Human Resources office at (229) 931-2420 or (229) 931-2454.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
As set forth in its student catalog, South Georgia Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Eulish Kinchens, V.P. of Student Affairs, Odom Building, 900 S. GA Tech Pkwy, Americus, GA 31709, 229-931-2249 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.southgatech.edu.