POSITION: Dental Hygiene Instructor, Vidalia campus
This position is seeking a full-time instructor for the dental hygiene program. The qualified candidate must possess the knowledge and skills to teach face-to-face dental hygiene courses such as nutrition, infection control, clinic lecture, ethics, preclinic lab, and clinic. The candidate will be expected to design instructional activities and assessments based on state and accreditation standards. The candidate must possess the ability to evaluate students in the clinical setting to ensure student learning outcomes are met. The candidate will be expected to participate in professional development training, workshops, and clinic calibration sessions. The work hours for this position are scheduled Monday through Thursday, 10 hours per day.
- Bachelor of Science degree in dental hygiene from a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Registered Dental Hygienist. Applicants must have an active Georgia Dental Hygiene License in good standing with the Georgia Board of Dentistry
- Current Basic Life Support CPR Certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work ethics
- Efficient computer and technology skills
- At least three years of recent employment as a dental hygienist
- Continuing education in dental hygiene subjects such as evidence-based instrumentation techniques, infection control, nutrition, ethics, preclinic, and clinic
- Prior experience teaching in a dental hygiene program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Prior instructional experience in the post-secondary educational setting including knowledge of educational methodology techniques, proficiency in preparation and delivery of instruction, curriculum design, and teaching using standards of educational and professional practice
Salary is to be commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual leave and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits package.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
All application packets MUST be completed via the Online Job Center. As part of the application process, interested candidates will also be required to upload other documents such as a letter of interest, resume, and transcripts (see job center listing for more details). For more information regarding this position or application instructions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 912-538-3230 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As set forth in its student catalog, Southeastern Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
Helen Thomas, Section 504 Coordinator, Room 165, 912-538-3126
Lanie Jonas, Title IX Coordinator, Room 138B, 912-538-3230
To apply for this job please visit www.southeasterntech.edu.