ABOUT AUGUSTA TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Augusta Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, is a two-year college located in Augusta, Georgia. Since its opening in 1961, Augusta Technical College remains dedicated to promoting the educational, economic, and community development in its service area (Burke, Columbia, Lincoln, McDuffie, and Richmond Counties). The college offers over 100 academic programs in high-demand areas such as Allied Health Sciences & Nursing, Business, Public & Professional Services, Cyber, Digital and Engineering Technologies accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The college also offers adult education/GED, ESL, and continuing education programs through the Division of Economic Development.
ABOUT AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
Augusta, GA is a regional center for medicine, biotechnology, and cyber security. Located near the Georgia/South Carolina border (Central Savannah River Area), the area holds many accolades: Most Neighborly City in America, Best Cities to Start a Business, and a Top Ten Places in the South to Hire Vets. The area is internationally known for the PGA’s Master’s Tournament held at the Augusta National Golf Club and being the home of James Brown; while also bolstering the Augusta Riverwalk, Savannah Rapids Pavilion, Evans Towne Center Park, and home of the US Army Cyber Center of Excellence at Fort Gordon.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Distance Education Specialist (part-time) Job Code: 10612
Campus Location: Augusta Campus
The Distance Education Specialist is responsible for the implementation, coordination and supervision of the college or System Office distance education technology.
- Provides technical assistance to instructional staff and others involved with program specific technology;
- Provides technical assistance to distance education students.
- Assists with enrolling students in distance education orientation course.
- Assists with adapting distance education course materials to meet accessibility requirements.
- Resolves conflicts associated with online learning;
- Assists with the creation, organization, and implementation of professional staff development programs/activities related to distance education technology, educational technology, instructional computing, instructional design and learning resources;
- Supports needs assessments designed to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats relative to distance education quality;
- Assists with the compiling data from evaluations systems to ensure continuous quality improvement;
- Assists with achieving goals, objectives, and priorities for distance education, technology, educational technology, instructional computing, and learning resources;
- Inventories, orders, and maintains the college’s audio/visual equipment to include projects, TV monitors, and audio systems; and
- Other duties as assigned.
An associate’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution and/or three (3) years of related work experience. Note: Experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
At least one year’s experience using Blackboard Learning Management System.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Blackboard Learning Management System
- Knowledge of internet and networking technologies
- Knowledge of multi-media technologies
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- Team work skills
- Oral and written communication skills
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until filled. All applications packets MUST be completed via the Online Job Center at JobCenter (easyhrweb.com). As a part of the application process, interested candidates will be required to upload other documents including a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts (see job center listing for more details). This posting will be removed from the Online Job Center once the position has been filled. All positions require a pre-employment criminal background investigation, education, and employer/professional reference checks. Some positions may additionally require a motor vehicle record search, credit history check, fingerprinting, and/or drug screen. All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Copies of all transcripts should be submitted at the time of application. Official transcripts are required upon employment. Note: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
A Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
To apply for this job please visit www.easyhrweb.com.