ABOUT AUGUSTA TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Augusta Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, is a two-year college located in Augusta, Georgia. Since its opening in 1961, Augusta Technical College remains dedicated to promoting the educational, economic, and community development in its service area (Burke, Columbia, Lincoln, McDuffie, and Richmond Counties). The college offers over 100 academic programs in high-demand areas such as Allied Health Sciences &
Nursing, Business, Public & Professional Services, Cyber, Digital and Engineering Technologies accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The college also offers adult education/GED, ESL, and continuing education programs through the Division of Economic Development.
ABOUT AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
Augusta, GA is a regional center for medicine, biotechnology, and cyber security. Located near the Georgia/South Carolina border (Central Savannah River Area), the area holds many accolades: Most Neighborly City in America, Best
Cities to Start a Business, and a Top Ten Places in the South to Hire Vets. The area is internationally known for the PGA’s Master’s Tournament held at the Augusta National Golf Club and being the home of James Brown; while also bolstering the Augusta Riverwalk, Savannah Rapids Pavilion, Evans Towne Center Park, and home of the US Army Cyber Center of Excellence at Fort Gordon.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Full-Time Instructor, Accounting JOB CODE: 11413
Campus Location: Augusta Campus (May be required to offer classes on other Augusta Tech Campuses) Salary: Based on education and work experience.
JOB SUMMARY The Technical Instructor is responsible for performing all aspects of instruction for the program
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education- Master’s Degree in Accounting from a regionally accredited institution is required.
Experience– Three-years’ full-time experience in the accounting field as a senior accountant, controller, accounting manager, or accounting specialist is required. Work experience should include the competencies, skills, and knowledge which the instructor will be expected to teach as part of the Accounting programs.
Master’s degree in Accounting, currently or recently employed full-time in the accounting field; teaching experience at the postsecondary level; work experience as an accountant or accounting manager; active participation in related professional/occupational organizations; excellent human relations skills; and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong computer skills and work experience with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of the mission of postsecondary vocational/technical education
- Knowledge of academic course standards for Accounting Degree, Diploma and TCC curriculum
- Knowledge of pedagogical practice and theory
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Skill to work cooperatively with students, faculty and staff
A Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia
- Skill in the preparation and delivery of classroom content
- Skill to make timely decisions to problem solve
- Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- Prepare lesson plans for classroom instruction for credited technical/occupational courses under general supervision of the Accounting Program Department Head and the School of Business Dean
- Prepare standardized course syllabi using provided College template and prepare course outlines, goals and objectives
- Establish an environment conducive to learning in the classroom, online, and/or computer lab
- Provide classroom and/or online instruction in the theory and practical applications of Accounting
- Evaluate students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives based on established college and program grading requirements
- Measure program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success and submits results to department head
- Complete the College’s online Learning Management System (Blackboard) training and implement online instructional components into course delivery.
- Prepare and maintain all required documentation and administrative reports including Class Roster, Class Census Reports, Class Attendance records, Grade Book, etc.
- Complete professional development training as required for specific classroom or online course delivery
- Meet with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of the students
- Assist with recruitment, retention, and job placement efforts
- Other duties as assigned.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The position will remain open until filled. All applications packets MUST be completed via the Online Job Center at JobCenter (easyhrweb.com). As a part of the application process, interested candidates will be required to upload other documents including a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts (see job center listing for more details). The cover letter should describe your teaching viewpoint and how your work and educational experience have prepared you for this full-time Agribusiness Instructor. This posting will be removed from the Online Job Center once the position has been filled. All positions require a pre-employment criminal background investigation, education, and employer/professional reference checks. Some positions may additionally require a motor vehicle record search, credit history check, fingerprinting, and/or drug screen. All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Copies of all transcripts should be submitted at the time of application. Official transcripts are required upon employment. Note: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
A Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia
To apply for this job please visit www.easyhrweb.com.