ABOUT AUGUSTA TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Augusta Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, is a two-year college located in Augusta, Georgia. Since its opening in 1961, Augusta Technical College remains dedicated to promoting the educational, economic, and community development in its service area (Burke, Columbia, Lincoln, McDuffie, and Richmond Counties). The college offers over 100 academic programs in high-demand areas such as Allied Health Sciences & Nursing, Business, Public & Professional Services, Cyber, Digital and Engineering Technologies accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The college also offers adult education/GED, ESL, and continuing education programs through the Division of Economic Development.
ABOUT AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
Augusta, GA is a regional center for medicine, biotechnology, and cyber security. Located near the Georgia/South Carolina border (Central Savannah River Area), the area holds many accolades: Most Neighborly City in America, Best Cities to Start a Business, and a Top Ten Places in the South to Hire Vets. The area is internationally known for the PGA’s Master’s Tournament held at the Augusta National Golf Club and being the home of James Brown; while also bolstering the Augusta Riverwalk, Savannah Rapids Pavilion, Evans Towne Center Park, and home of the US Army Cyber Center of Excellence at Fort Gordon.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Instructional Support Specialist, Math Job Code: 11126
Campus Location: Augusta Campus
The Instructional Support Specialist (ISS) is responsible for tutoring and other academic support for Augusta Tech students visiting the Success Center.
A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- A Master’s degree in the subject area from a regionally accredited institution.
- Familiarity with tutoring and/or supplemental instruction.
- Experience working with diverse populations with varying language skills and experiences.
- Experience working with higher education programs designed to increase student retention and graduation rates. –
“Preference will be given to individuals with personal experience in overcoming barriers similar to those confronting the program participants, and preference will be given to candidates who have experience working with the target population (African American Males) in a college setting”
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of common operating systems (Windows 8 and 10) and software applications (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Provide academic support to students by adhering to strategic learning methods and by addressing students’ immediate educational concerns.
- Demonstrate understanding of the adult learner, varied learning styles, and differentiated instruction.
- Finds and prepares appropriate teaching materials that suit the student(s)’ ability, goals, and interests.
- Maintain a positive, warm attitude that encourages the student(s) to learn.
- Monitor and document each student’s progress. Provides progress reports/updates as required.
- Utilize academic center monitoring software to track student utilization of center’s services.
- Complete annual professional development activities as required.
- Perform basic administrative duties to support the daily operations of the Success Center.
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until filled. All applications packets MUST be completed via the Online Job Center at JobCenter (easyhrweb.com). As a part of the application process, interested candidates will be required to upload other documents including a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts (see job center listing for more details). This posting will be removed from the Online Job Center once the position has been filled. All positions require a pre-employment criminal background investigation, education, and employer/professional reference checks. Some positions may additionally require a motor vehicle record search, credit history check, fingerprinting, and/or drug screen. All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Copies of all transcripts should be submitted at the time of application. Official transcripts are required upon employment. Note: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
A Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
To apply for this job please visit www.easyhrweb.com.