Job Title: Job Code: FLSA:
Instructor – PN Instructor
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports To: Associate Dean of Nursing
An Instructor is responsible for performing all aspects of instruction for the specific discipline. The responsibilities of this position relate to day, evening and online programs, with regards to traditional and dual enrolled students. The instructor will be responsible for classroom, lab, and clinical instruction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Provides instruction in theory and practical applications of the discipline in accordance with academic state standards.
· Instructs courses in a classroom/lab/clinical/field environment that closely simulates the environment of the industry.
· Utilizes current technology in the classroom/lab/clinical
· Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives
· Grades all coursework in a timely manner
· Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the discipline area
· Meets with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues
· Maintains program certification/accreditation requirements as appropriate for the teaching discipline.
· Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports
· Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the discipline
· Attends professional development training, workshops, seminars and conferences
|Curriculum/Student Learning Outcomes/Accreditation (when applicable)
· Develops program curriculum, syllabi, goals and objectives
· Prepares lesson plans for instruction
|· Works collaboratively with faculty within discipline to establish, measure and evaluate program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success and submits to appropriate program chair/director.
· Submits reports and data with respect to accrediting bodies
· Reviews and edits master course shells in the online learning platform as necessary.
|Supports Program Chair/Program Director/Division Deans/Associate Deans
· Requests and maintains supplies and equipment
· Prepares budget requests
· Assists with recruitment, retention and job placement efforts
· Serves on committees and project assignments as necessary
· Performs other duties as assigned.
|Other Duties As Assigned
- Knowledge of the mission of postsecondary technical education;
- Knowledge of academic course standards;
- Knowledge of the college’s academic programs;
- Skill to work cooperatively with students, faculty and staff
- Skill in the preparation and delivery of classroom/lab/clinic content
- Skill to make timely decisions;
- Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs;
- Ability to break larger tasks into manageable smaller tasks;
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Skill in accurate grade-keeping;
- Skills in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public;
- Oral and written communication skills.
This job operates in a professional environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and technologies related to the instructional environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products, supplies, and instructional books and technology up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time instructional position. Work load is Monday-Friday day/evening hours. Weekends based on need.
Travel to other campuses and clinical sites is a requirement for teaching assignments, meetings, trainings, and professional development.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in Registered Nursing from an accredited institution and demonstrated competence/experience in the teaching discipline.
- Valid Georgia RN license and current BLS (CPR) Certification from the American Heart Association
· Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in the past 7 years.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Registered Nursing from an accredited institution.
- Teaching experience in postsecondary education.
- Recent teaching experience.
- Online teaching experience.
Salary/Benefits: $50,000-55,000. Salary range is commensurate with previous work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, vacation, retirement, personal and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program.
Method of Application: Interested candidates should apply through electronic application system at: WGTC Employment Opportunities
Employment Policy: The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Continued employment is contingent upon job performance and funding.
To apply for this job please visit www.westgatech.edu.