Title: Library Assistant
Job Code: 10706
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Executive Director of Library Services
The Library Assistant is responsible for providing customer service assistance to library patrons, faculty, and college staff and to assist Librarians as needed in carrying out the functions of the campus library.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Provides customer service assistance to library patrons, faculty, and college staff.
· Provides basic reference and research services, including bibliographic instruction to students;
· Assists students and staff in accessing and checking in/out materials.
· Assists library patrons in accessing computers and available software applications.
· Assists in the promotion of library publicity projects, event displays and promotions, and college events
|Processes or assists in the processing of book and library material acquisition and supplies, material assessment, and weeding of books and resource material to maintain resource effectiveness.
· Process orders for books, journals, audio-visual materials, supplies, and other collection and reference materials
· Assist librarians with assessment of library materials, resources (virtual and tangible) and needed acquisitions for collections development to support programs, students, faculty, and staff.
· Assist librarians in weeding process of library materials to maintain effectiveness and up-to-date resources.
|Serves as Testing Proctor including assisting with test scheduling and computer lab functionality and readiness.
· Proctors student assessments for online courses and other miscellaneous proctoring.
· Helps maintain compute lab functionality and readiness for proctoring and works with IT to make sure computers are in acceptable usage condition.
· Maintain documentation of proctoring and ensure proctoring environment\service is monitored and controlled to provide secure testing integrity.
|Assists librarians with daily functions of library, assist with promotion of library services and resources, collection of library usage data, and with usage of library technology and electronic library management system (ALMA).
· Assist as needed with deliver library class instruction and orientation sessions both live and virtually to college faculty, staff, and students
· Helps with collection of library usage data, user surveys, and other quantitative measures for tracking library usage, database extraction, and other library service usage for efficiency and continuous library services improvement.
· Assists with usage of electronic catalog management system (ALMA) for check in\out of library books and media
· Assists with maintenance of general library environment, stacks, displays, equipment, and furniture to provide a useful professional environment.
· Collaborate with other staff housed within the library facilities, such as advisors or temporary event staff, to maintain professional service quality.
· Collaborate with staff in other departments in cross-functional committees, events, or initiatives to assist students and benefit the college.
|Other Duties As Assigned
- Knowledge of library science standards and trends
- Knowledge of cataloging and inter-library loan procedures
- Good computer software skills as would be need to assist students with proctoring process and setup
- Interpersonal Skills – communicate effectively and courteously with faculty, staff, students and community users
- Skill in operating basic office machinery
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- General knowledge of the college and its programs
- Ability to work well with other faculty and staff
- Customer Service skills
- Detail Oriented
This job operates in a professional library environment. This role routinely uses standard library and office equipment and technologies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products, books, library equipment, and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, located within a campus library. Days and hours of work are 40 hours per week typically within a range of Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 7:00 pm and Friday, 8 am until 12 pm. This position does not require weekend work.
Travel to other campus locations is sometimes required to help assist other campus librarians.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent *and* One (1) year of related work experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working in a library setting
- Experience with ALMA ILS or other similar library systems
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.westgatech.edu.