Brand and Usage Guidelines for WorkSource Georgia
The WorkSource Georgia brand was established on August 1, 2016. WorkSource Georgia represents a new statewide unified brand created to align the resources of Georgia’s workforce system, in order to more effectively connect job seekers with careers in the state’s leading industries. WorkSource Georgia, the first unified brand ever associated with Georgia’s workforce system, targets job seekers, workforce development practitioners, education leaders, and citizens at large. The brand’s tagline “Connecting Talent with Opportunity” promotes the state’s workforce development efforts. The statewide brand also features unique brands to represent each of state’s nineteen Local Workforce Development Areas (LWDAs), the state’s twelve workforce regions, and other regional groups composed primarily of LWDAs.
WIG PS-16-002 provides guidelines to LWDAs for using the WorkSource Georgia Brand. Therein the state identified the nineteen unified brands for each of the LWDAs and stated that LWDAs must co-brand using the American Jobs Center (AJC) logos. More information regarding the usage of the AJC brand may be found at USDOL’s website. The state also stated that the WorkSource Georgia Brand must be implemented at all comprehensive one-stop centers and, at the option of the LWDA, may be implemented at affiliate site locations, so long as the usage complies with the branding guidelines. The brand is only required to be used at comprehensive one-stop centers, as defined by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). LWDAs shall ensure they comply with the required implementation guidance which only mandates the usage of the brand at comprehensive one-stop centers and in specific outreach efforts. All usage outside of the comprehensive one-stop centers, affiliate sites, or limited outreach materials requires prior, express written approval from the state.
The state intends to make WorkSource Georgia Brand materials accessible online. In order to access these materials, please read and accept the Terms & Conditions listed below. Please note that any usage by non-approved entities or any usage that falls outside of the permitted use is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action against your organization.
Terms & Conditions for Use of WorkSource Georgia Brand
The following Terms & Conditions apply to the usage of the WorkSource Georgia Brand. Use of the WorkSource Georgia Brand by any entity other than a “Qualified Entity” or usage that falls outside of the “Authorized Use” is not permitted. Any unauthorized use may result in legal action against you.
1. Only the following entities are eligible to use the WorkSource Georgia Brand without prior, express approval from OWD. In order to qualify as eligible for WorkSource Georgia Brand use, you represent and warrant that your organization is one of the following (a “Qualified Entity”):
200. The following WIOA Sub-recipients (As defined by 2 C.F.R. §200.93):
1. Local Workforce Development Area;
2. Local Workforce Development Board (LWDB); and
201. Entities providing services within the Comprehensive One-stop Center or any Affiliate-sites.
2. To the extent that you are a Qualified Entity, the state grants your organization a royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable, limited license (the “License”) to use the WorkSource Georgia Brand for the following purposes (“Authorized Use”):
1. Branding of One-Stop Locations;
2. Branding of Affiliate sites;
3. Promotion of the LWDA or LWDB; and
4. Promotion of WIOA funded services provided by sub-recipients to a LWDA or LWDB.
3. To the extent a Qualified Entity seeks to use the WorkSource Georgia Brand for any reason other than an Authorized Use, the Qualified Entity shall first, for each instance, request permission from the state by sending an email to WDCompliance@georgia.org. The email shall contain an overview of the proposed usage and the reason for the request. The Qualified Entity shall not proceed without written permission from OWD.
4. The License is not assignable. Any attempt to assign or sublicense rights in the WorkSource Georgia Brand will be deemed a breach of this Terms & Conditions for Use Agreement and will result in the immediate termination of the License and possible legal action against your organization.
5. Your organization agrees not to take action to disparage, tarnish, or otherwise adversely affect the state’s rights in and goodwill associated with the WorkSource Georgia Brand.
6. In the event that OWD determines that your organization has breached these Terms & Conditions for Use, your organization will be expressly notified and given thirty (30) days to cure such breach. In the event that your organization does not cure the breach within thirty (30) days, OWD may immediately terminate the License and seek any and all other remedies available under the law.
7. OWD owns the WorkSource Georgia Brand and all rights therein. Your organization agrees never to attempt to assert or claim any ownership interests in the WorkSource Georgia Brand or otherwise directly profit from use of the WorkSource Georgia Brand outside of any function related to WIOA.
8. To the extent permitted by law, your organization agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless OWD from and against any and all claims, damages, judgments, including attorneys’ fees, arising from your organization’s use of the WorkSource Georgia Brand.
9. These Terms & Conditions of Use shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Georgia. All disputes stemming from this Terms & Conditions for Use shall be filed in the Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia.
11. OWD reserves the right to update these Terms & Conditions of Use at any time without advance notice.
Fill out below to access the downloadable resources: